Standard hydrogen compressors from Hystorsys range from 1 Nm³/h up to 12 Nm³/h. The standard compressor is based on an expandable design. Thus, if a higher capacity is required, more compression chambers can be added.
Our hydrogen compressors are thermal machines based on solid-state metal hydride technology. They have several benefits over conventional mechanical compressors.
• No moving parts: less wear and tear with the potential of low maintenance cost
• Silent / vibration-free operation that is especially convenient in residential applications
• Small footprint / flexible installation. Wall mounting is possible
• High intrinsic safety: very low risk for mixing of oxygen and hydrogen
• Reduced operating costs they make use of waste heat as its source of energy and as such could be operated with almost no energy costs
SIMPLE AND RELIABLE
The compressor is based on an advanced metal hydride (MH) technology with a clear-cut design. The setup is made minimal in order to keep the purchase price down, the maintenance cost low and to reduce possible error sources. The standard compressor is based on an expandable design. Thus, if a higher capacity is required, more compression chambers can be added.
USE HEAT INSTEAD OF GETTING HEAT
The conventional compressor use a mechanical force to compress a media, the energy demand converts into approx. 10% compressed media and 90% heat.
HYSTORSYS turned it around, the HYMEHC compressors use hot and cold water for the compression cycle. Typical temperature inputs are 15-25 °C (cooling) and 85-95 °C (heating).
A perfect match for this compressor is to top up a hydrogen storage together with an electrolyser from solar energy – or whenever spare heat is present, e.g., from a wide range of cooling water outlets.
NO MOVING PARTS
Thanks to the MH-technology no moving parts are compressing the hydrogen resulting in a more reliable compressor. All parts used in the compressor are well- known products and spare parts are always available in stock for direct delivery.
SILENT OPERATION AND SMALL FOOTPRINT
The compressor has small footprint and flexible installation. Thanks to silent/vibration-free operation even wall mounting is possible, especially convenient in residential applications.
1) Other capacities available on request